The Shop Fabricator will fabricate and assemble sheet metal using machines and hand tools to produce commercial HVAC ductwork.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Select gauges and types of sheet metal, according to product specifications.
- Fabricates products to specific dimensions and quantities.
- Operate machines to cut, shape, and form sheet metal including roller, Roto-Die press break, shear, hand brake, beader, plasma cutter, coil line, TDC Pittsburgh Snaplock machines and more.
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for electrical components, screws, bolts, or rivets.
- Fasten seams and joints together with seamer, welder, rivets, solder and caulks to assemble components into products.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces, seams, and joints of assembled parts, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Finish parts, using hacksaws, hand tools or shears.
- Insulate ductwork using glue & pinspotter.
- Maintain equipment, making repairs and modifications when necessary.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads, unloads, straightens, and organizes products during production.
- Adheres to all company safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to work from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications
- Numeracy skills
- Tool operation knowledge
- Read/interpret submittals and shop drawings
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in a warehouse/ workshop environment with large equipment, and other employees.
- Prolonged periods of standing on hard surfaces.
- Routinely lift up to 75 pounds.
- Prolonged exposure to loud equipment.
- Ability to bend, climb, pull, push, balance, kneel, twist, and climb stairs and ladders.
Position Type/ Hours:
The hours for this position are 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Additional overtime may be necessary dependent upon workload and project.
Must be available to travel domestically to delivery ductwork for business purposes when necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of recent/relevant experience in your trade.
- Closely related responsibilities OR any combination of education and/or recent relevant experience to perform the job duties of this position.
- Safety and first-aid practices
- Familiarity with duct manufacturing equipment.
AAP/ EEO Statement:
Lawman Heating & Cooling, Inc. prohibits discrimination in its business and employment practices including: hiring and firing; compensation, assignment, or classification of employees; transfer, promotion, layoff, or recall; job advertisements; recruitment; testing; use of company facilities; training and apprenticeship programs; fringe benefits; pay, retirement plans, and disability leave; or other terms and conditions of employment. Lawman Heating & Cooling, Inc. prohibits discriminatory behavior by all employees, management and corporate officers. This commitment to non-discriminatory business practice is reflected in the Lawman Heating & Cooling, Inc. Affirmative Action Plan.
The statements contained within this document are intended to describe the general nature of tasks and responsibilities. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities assigned. Other duties will be assigned as appropriate.