The Construction Carpenter works across several trade within general construction on both interior and exterior features. The Construction Carpenter will build, erect, install, and repair forms, structures, and other fixtures made from wood and other materials as needed to assist with various types of construction projects.
Joining the Lawman team as a Construction Carpenter provides an hourly rate of pay between $23/ hour and $29/ hour (based on experience), compensations towards health insurance or an hourly buy-out should you waive it, $50,000 in employer paid life insurance alongside employer paid telehealth services. Additionally, all employees have access to supplemental life, dental accident, hospital indemnity, and critical illness insurances, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k), and frontloaded Paid Time Off, with carry-over Sick Time.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Measures, marks, and arranges materials to established layout based on blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Cuts and shapes structures, forms, or other fixtures from metal, wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Unloading and positioning prefabricated material and equipment for hoisting as needed.
- Uses various hand and power tools to securely build assigned projects.
- Joins materials with the most appropriate nail, screw, staple, or adhesive.
- Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
- Creates forms for pouring concrete or for tunnels, bridges, or sewer construction projects.
- Erects and dismantles scaffolding.
- Installs windows, doors, cabinets, countertops, trim, drywall, fixtures, flooring, roofing, and painting.
- Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work on aerial equipment (ladder, scissor lift, boom lift, etc.).
- Ability to understand directions and read blueprints.
- Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
- Works well as part of a team.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates from various jobsite locations.
- Prolonged periods standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.
Position Type/ Hours:
Normal jobsite hours are 7:00 AM-4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. However, it is necessary to be available as project needs arise, which may include work outside of regular business hours.
Must be available to travel between jobsites. Additionally, domestic travel with overnight stays for business purposes may necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Successful completion of vocational school or technical college or apprenticeship program.
- Three years of experience via on-the-job training required.
AAP/ EEO Statement:
Lawman Heating & Cooling, Inc. (Lawman) prohibits discrimination in its business and employment practices including hiring and firing; compensation, assignment, or classification of employees; transfer, promotion, layoff, or recall; job advertisements; recruitment; testing; use of company facilities; training and apprenticeship programs; fringe benefits; pay, retirement plans, and disability leave; or other terms and conditions of employment. Lawman prohibits discriminatory behavior by all employees, management, and corporate officers. This commitment to non-discriminatory business practice is reflected in the Lawman Affirmative Action Plan.